Alumni Spotlight: Performer & Lyricist RhyythmDeep
Degree- Currently pursuing Bachelors In Performing Arts from Asian Academy Of Film & Television, Film City, Noida.
Current Position – Performer, Lyricist, Music Director-Producer, Music Composer, Film Writer
Please tell us about your time at the school with us?
For me, school life is something very precious. I studied in CBS (Now, DPSG) from my Nursery till my 12th. Still remember the first day. I kept crying! Daadu used to pick & drop me. Later, the days were full of joy & happiness. When we together had our meals on the very attractive Yellow & Green dining tables. When we used to hide “Laddus” in our naughty little hands & when asked by the teacher we used to tell “Humein to laddu milaa hi nai”. The night stays, the birthday celebrations, the picnics, are some of the unforgettable evergreen memories of my school life. The time kept on moving. The fear of boards. And finally… the farewell day. The day when all the things came to a standstill. I miss our teachers. From the one whom I feared a lot, Mrs. Preeti Sangwan. To the most loving, caring, supportive, & my favourite Mrs. Deepa Dudeja Khurana. School came to an end. But the memories are endless.
What has been your journey since finishing your schooling?
The journey after my schooling has been quite interesting. I never had a thought that I would be able to get an admission in such a big institute, known for its celebrity connections. After the Counselling, I got admission in one of the top ranked colleges of GGSIPU, Maharaja Agrasen Institute Of Management Studies. I started pursuing Bachelors in Business Administration. But somewhere in my heart, I had a very special place for Music. I always kept on writing songs, playing my harmonica, & enjoying my own company. I wasn’t able to give full attention to my studies. Music always drove me crazy. And I started thinking that I’m not a person made for Business Dealings or 10-5 Jobs. The day came, when I made my mind & took the biggest & the most important decision of my life. I quit BBA. Explored some colleges that offered Music & took admission in Asian Academy Of Film & Television. The college of my dreams. An institution where I could turn my thoughts into the reality. The world full of true dreams & desires. The world where I am living in, today!
What do you believe the school has shown you/given you as a person?
The school has given me a lot. The personality I’m carrying today is all because of my teachers. They paved the way on which I’m still moving. In a nutshell, they laid the foundation stone of the building of my dreams.
What are some of the proudest moments in your career?
-Recently when Dr. Randeep Singh Kohli – Grandson of our respected Former Prime Minister Of India Dr. Manmohan Singh, Punjab President at World Book Of Records (London) sent me a video message congratulating me for my new song & the launch of “RhyythmDeep Records”.
– When I met Mr. Jasbir Jassi (A renowned punjabi pop/sufi singer known for his hits Dil lai gayi – Sweetiee Weds NRI, Koka – Khandaani Shafakhana, Laung da lashkara – Patiala House & many more) at his residence. I got to work with him as a lyricist.
– When I met Mr. Daler Mehndi at his residence by a special invite. It was a great day. He gifted me his Team’s T-shirt with a sparkling ” Tunak Tunak” styled over it. He also showed me the path & guided me with the right for my future endeavours.
– When my writing “आँखें” Got awarded with 3rd position at Global Literary Festival’ 2k18 powered by International Chamber Of Media & Entertainment Industry (I.C.M.E.I.). Dr. Sandeep Marwah (Film Producer, Director, Founder – Noida Film City, & a renowned Media Personality) presented me with this award.
– When my writing “खबर खबर का यार पत्रकार” Got awarded with 1st position at Global Festival Of Journalism’ 2k19 powered by International Chamber Of Media & Entertainment Industry (I.C.M.E.I.). Dr. Sandeep Marwah (Film Producer, Director, Founder – Noida Film City, & a renowned Media Personality) presented me with this award. It was a very proud moment for me as I left behind all the budding journalists & secured the 1st position, being from a different field.
– When Mr. Prateek Trivedi (A Renowned Indian Journalist – News 18) congratulated me personally for my debut song – “Kaali Gaddi”. He wished me luck for my future projects.
-When I got to Judge DPSG’s ” Swar Tarang’ 2k19. It was a day full of great energy & verve. Got to see the young budding musicians from Delhi & NCR perform in front of me. It was really a great experience.
– Launching my own Record Label “RhyythmDeep Records” for the budding artists.
What inspires you to continue the work you do every day?
Inspiration comes from within. I always feel blessed. God has gifted me so much. Now it’s my turn to make him happy. Also, Nature plays a very important role for me. Whenever it rains, it makes me dream big. Don’t know why! But Nature feeds my soul. I think all my words & compositions are purely gifted to me by nature!