Board Exams For Class X Are Set To Become Compulsory: CBSE

Board exams for Class X are set to become compulsory: CBSE

Board exams for Class X are set to become compulsory: CBSE

CBSE will soon be making an official statement that class X board exam is compulsory for all students for the academic session 2017-2018. The decision is still pending for approval by the government before it is implemented in the new academic session.

Reinstating CBSE 10th Board Exam

As of now, CBSE board students have the option to choose either to appear for school-based examination or to sit for board exams. Previously, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has favored of making board exam mandate for the CBSE students to meet stringent academic and evaluation standards followed in class XI.

According to the CBSE sources, Class X board exams will have 80 percent of weightage to the marks scored in the examination and the remaining 20 percent weightage will be school-based evaluation.


Expected Changes

CBSE is also in the favor of recommending HRD ministry about ‘three language formula’, under which Hindi, English and modern language will be taught and it should also be extended to class IX and X, instead of the current pattern of class VI to VIII.
The final call by the government is yet to be taken, once approved; it would be put to action in the session 2017-2018, which is just in few months.

Share Button

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *