6 Benefits of Having Holistic Education in Schools
Education forms an integral part of a student’s life and calls for a system that is inbuild for a student’s overall development and growth. With the changing times, the conceptualization and factualisation also uplifted, which brought the welcoming change in the deliverance of knowledge to the students. People no longer look for just academic excellence in kids but look out for more holistic and effective development of their various skills, and talents.
What is Holistic Education?
Holistic education is a comprehensive approach to imparting education where educators seek to address the emotional, social, ethical, and academic needs of students in an integrated learning format. Emphasis is placed on positive school environments and providing academic and non-academic needs of the students.
Many schools are now incorporating holistic goals into their educational system improvement plans. While holistic education is guided by one overarching philosophy, teachers may employ a number of methods and strategies to create a holistic learning culture.
Various Educational Models
- Experiential Learning: Holistic, experiential techniques often include problem-solving exercises to address community problems or create innovative products.
- Self-Guided Learning: Teachers, in this method, allows the students to learn at their own pace in the style that best suits them. It is a great way to mitigate the inadequacies of one size fits all models. Classrooms are smaller in student-size, and all students are given personalized attention at all times.
- Interdisciplinary Coursework: This is a great framework to improve the students’ cognitive growth when multiple subjects are addressed together. Coursework includes independent research, travel, fieldwork, and internships.
Benefits of Holistic Education
- Builds Confidence: Teachers instill and help students to build confidence in them by providing them with various opportunities to succeed. A holistic curriculum enables teachers to recognize students’ unique strengths and treats them all equally.
- Incorporates Emotional Reflection: Teachers provide moments for students to reflect, contemplate, or meditate to encourage emotional reflection in daily routines. Lessons to teach empathy could focus on effective listening and observation techniques or literature that presents varying perspectives on social issues.
- Improved Academic Achievements: Holistic education can improve academic achievements, regardless of background and circumstances. It caters to individual learning styles and provides a supportive learning environment.
- Enhanced Mental & Emotional Well-Being: In a supportive environment, where social and emotional learning is emphasized along with academics, students have a better chance of emerging with self-awareness, confidence, and a sense of social responsibility.
- Reduced Impact of Inequities: By emphasizing integrated learning concepts, the whole-child approach to education has been shown to reduce the psychological impact of issues.
Delhi Public School, Ghaziabad is amongst the top CBSE schools in Sushant Lok with the most efficient staff to cater to the needs of the students. DPSG Sushant Lok believes in the importance of honing the future leaders of tomorrow and gives efficient care and concern to every child who is set to touch the zenith. Check our complete website for more information and admission details.