The COVID 19 pandemic has brought the world to a standstill and we witness things returning to normal slowly and steadily. Unlock 5 has been declared by the Ministry of Home Affairs from October 1 nationwide, so it becomes imperative for us to follow the guidelines of the government and at the same time safeguard ourselves from the spread of the deadly virus. Unlock 5 comes into effect in areas that are outside the containment zones as it vital to keep going because stagnancy is not in the good interest of youth in long run and is affecting their physical and mental health.
The activities which are permissible through the unlock 5 in the educational sector are:
- Opening of educational institutions, schools, colleges, and coaching centres after October 15 and decision for the same rests with the State/Union Territory governments in consultation with respective schools and school management based on the situation in their respective regions.
- Online and Virtual classes will continue as a mode of teaching where parents and students are satisfied with this facility provided by schools.
- Students will have the choice to opt for online classes or be physically present in school for doubt clearing sessions on a weekly basis with the written consent of their parents.
- Every State/UT will prepare an SOP highlighting the safety precautions to be practiced by the schools where real-time classes will be functional practicing social distancing which will be issued by the Department of School Education and Literacy taking an account of the situation locally.
- The schools to be functional for classes IX to XII adopting the norms of social distancing for the safety of the students.
To everyone associated with schools, it is the students who matter the most. Since the inception of lockdown in March, we had been quick enough to introduce our students to online teaching through MS Teams and we pledge to accept the challenges ahead and smoothen the path of our students and keep them engaged with what is best for them.
By: Ms. Preeti Sharma(Teacher)